Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tour de South....

         The reason I haven't posted lately because I was on a trip to Oklahoma for work, and by trip I mean driving!!!! I was going to post a picture of the trip meter, but apparently it resets after 2000 miles, but total I drove 2,275 miles in 3 days. I went through South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and finally Oklahoma. Here are a couple of pictures I snapped a during my time in OK,
         



     It was a long trip, but it was nice seeing a lot of the south, it is really amazing to see for as far as you can unobstructed by anything. I do have to say that I am very very lucky and thankful to the big guy upstairs for watching out for me, I had a really close one on the way home!
         On my third day of travel, I was coming back through Alabama (that had some bad storms the night before) when my gas light came on. I planned to stop in Tuscaloosa for a refuel and a quick sit down lunch. When I arrived the power had knocked out the power and thus the pumps for gas would not run. I ended up finally finding a gas station that I could refuel at with only 3 miles remaining on my fuel gauge.
         Running out of gas would have not been fun and quite honestly a little embarrassing, but that would have been the very least of my problems, the first place I stopped for gas was in the direct path of where the devastating tornado passed through in AL last night. I have been watching the clips and listening to the stories all day in awe at how lucky I was. My thoughts and prayers go to all those that have lost everything.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize what an adventure this truly was. You crazy risk taker you. Good work living on the edge.

    Really? Tour de South only has two pictures in it? I would have loved to have seen different pics from every state. You could have called for yoga poses and then gotten a truck driver to take your picture while you practiced yoga at random truck stops along the way. Oh well, better luck next time.

    Man you post a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts...